The California Legislature is turning to gun control legislation following the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, this month. There is a new proposal to ban the sale of firearms in the state to anyone under the age of 21. This comes as Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein works with President Donald Trump to pass federal gun control legislation after her appearance at the state’s Democratic convention in San Diego.
Sacramento Bee Capitol Alert reporter Alexei Koseff explains how the gun debate is breaking down in Califorina politics. He also has an update on the investigation into Asm. Raul Bocenegra over sexual harassment.
For more information, check out:
- "No gun purchases before the age of 21 under California bill"
- "Divided Democrats endorse few statewide candidates at California convention"
- "Tax agency rejects 4-cent gas tax increase, giving Jerry Brown a $617 million problem"
- "Legislative investigation substantiates harassment claims against former Assemblyman Raul Bocanegra"
- "Armenian Genocide dispute brings California Legislature into global policymaking"